11.09.2007

The Retrospective


So, I've finally decided to do it. To organize and present a retrospective; the mid-career retrospective (cliché, right?). Cliché mid-career photographic retrospective spanning nearly 30 years of image hunting.

The digital files are relative easy to review given good archiving practices. There are a million of 'em but I feel some confidence that I can handle that.

The problem? The huge problem? Nearly 30 years of negatives. In boxes and cases. Just sitting there waiting...like a pair of sexy high heels in the closet. Endless brown strips of bacon in flat little sausage casings. Little love letters in envelopes.

Thanks for the suggestion, people. Thanks a goddamn lot. OK, who's gonna get me a grant and some interns? Huh? Corey just laughs.

I guess the Department of Ironic Punishment will bring flood, fire, and nuclear destruction right about....now.