10.17.2007

Oh, Larry!

Among all of the bathrooms Sen. Larry Craig has visited, none has been on the information superhighway. Or so he says.

In his interview with Matt Lauer that aired on NBC’s “Matt Lauer Reports” on Tuesday night and again this morning on “Today,” Craig says he doesn’t use the Internet.

When Lauer asked Craig whether he knew about the Minneapolis airport bathroom’s reputation as a “hot spot” for gay trysts, Craig said: “Matt, you won’t believe this. But I don’t use the Internet. I don’t have a computer at my desk. I’ve never used the Internet. It’s just not what I do. I e-mail with my BlackBerry. No, I did not know that. I had no reason to know that.”

That’s interesting, in light of the following:
» In an op-ed he wrote this summer on the SCHIP health care program, Craig refers to doing a Google search on the term “mission creep.”

» He’s a member of the Congressional Internet Caucus.

» He co-sponsored a bill designating June 2007 as National Internet Safety Month.

» He was presented with the 2007 Internet Keep Safe Coalition Award.

» On his Web site, he lists as a top accomplishment a Silver Mouse Award given to his site by the Congressional Management Foundation in 2003 and 2006.

» When he endorsed Mitt Romney for president, he did so on YouTube.
[from the Examiner]