After spending some time tweaking my résumé and tweaking my talking points for a job search, I've found some language that maps with my ambitions:
"I look forward to what you're going to do next. Your skillset is the most unique I've ever seen."
"Yeah, you could really bring about important internal changes to important organizations."
From Monster/Orbitz listing:
about the position:
The Communications Guru will support internal communications for Orbitz Worldwide. The successful candidate will develop innovative communications to support executive messaging, company wide communications, and business objectives. Work with management team to educate employees about our business strategies and initiatives, human resources, employee benefits, community involvement and other important topics. Ideal candidate will possess strong writing/editing and project management skills and have experience or keen interest in the effective use of technology for communications.
- Develop and manage a global communication strategy for all Orbitz Worldwide messaging.
- Finding ‘the story’ and communicating to the correct audience.
- Collaborate with key project teams and PR/Marketing to create compelling materials including messaging, presentations, FAQ's, and internal communications, etc.
- Define and develop content for the Orbitz intranet, and manage the implementation of a web based solution for employees to get relevant and up to date information.
- Must demonstrate schedule flexibility and have the ability to work in a fast-past environment.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Bachelor’s or Master’s in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications is preferred.
- Demonstration of an understanding of business strategies and an ability to communicate complex topics clearly, concisely and creatively.
- Expert communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong ability at developing and leading multiple projects and managing a team to deliver on results.
- Ability to think broadly, and still achieve a high attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic team player who enjoys a rapidly changing environment.
I was using the term "Communications Guru" even in my last position. Someone out there gets it. Seriously gets it.
Need my résumé? Just ask: firstname.lastname@example.org