6.05.2007

Cult of Personality - Paris Hilton - Performance Art

OK, you know me. I'm all in disdain for celebrity worship. Star fuckers are weaklings who've completely bought into the system, and they will all die by the system too. Stop giving them the power to run your lives and shape your internal (thoughts) and external (fashion) opinions.

Maybe our current generation celebrities know this. Maybe they've begun to cut through the gloss of stardom. Think about it. Past generations celebrities actively tried to hide the non-marketable moss. They hid their debauchery. They employed people to keep their bad behaviors hidden. Sex? Drugs? Booze? These were career-killers.

But, we've moved on to the biggest-ever Truth or Dare marathon. Remember, there's no such thing as bad press, right?

Anyway, my girl, Paris. ["My girl"??] Fascinating. The excuse was, my publicist didn't inform me. And, some of this I believe. You live that insulated and you actually count on people to tell you about the agreements you've entered into. She's a fucking corporation. Like any other contracts, the CEO of Paris Inc., isn't expected to remember every active contract. So, yeah, if Elliot (Mintz) is on the phone or, for God's sake, off for the evening and Paris decides to cruise the Bentley, then shit, she's gonna cruise the Bentley. I get that.

But, the game was on too. Celebrity, multimillionaire dares and deeds? Shit yeah. Paris was all like, sex tapes? So turn of the century. Publicly displaying your lady parts? Yawn. Drinking? Drugs? What is this 1967? I'm going to go to fucking jail. Fucking openly disregard laws, judges, America, god, and my parents.

Anyway, who's all over every paper on the planet? Paris Hilton. Who am I writing about? Paris Hilton. Who took a hot booking photo? Paris Hilton. [And, look at that booking shot. What's the message? Check mate]. Who is winning Celebrity Truth or Dare? Paris Hilton.
  • Paris goes to jail. Brilliant.
  • Lindsey? Early booze-induced death.
  • Nicole? Starve to death.
  • Britney? White trash digression.
Who's in all the papers? Right.

I was all impressed with David Blaine's performance art and him all drowning himself (People say that stunt failed. I disagree) but we live in a time of extremely brilliant performance art. I mean, what am I doing? Typing on a computer. Duh.