6.10.2006

Gifts from Heaven - tKoL Anniversary


Okay, stick with me here <-- second time I used that line tonight (the first was in reference to Uma Thurman). But, stick with me kids.

Got this email today, right?

"10 Mofo Years, Mo'fer

Happy Anniversary.
See attached and link.
http://web.mac.com/rpwalk/iWeb/Site/Music.html
-RW
P.S.- Headphones are good a thing."

Not so cryptic, I'm wholly used to this type of correspondence from the peeps. But, WTF?! I spend a few weeks digging through the archives and posted the tKoL ten year retrospective shit, and R-Walk makes a new album. And, cover art. Damn!

Goddamn there is a god. Oh yeah, ten years ago, we were all like, "uh, if we record everything we do and put it 'out there' it'll all come back to us in ways we ain't figured yet." Duh!

And some reviewer once referred to the Kingdom of Leisure as "self mythologizing" or some rot.

"It's probably a month early, but whatever, I finished the project and didn't feel like sitting on it until July. I don't remember the actual date.
Retarded.
-RW"

Gave that boy RPWalk some wings and just like to watch him fly around. Makes an old guy very fucking proud.