5.15.2006

Catching Up 123

1) Driving on the on-ramp from Sam Eig to 270 S, notice something odd in rear view mirror. Think, "hey, why is that car sideways?" Yep, eats it big time. Beefs! Gets sideways and into wet grass...spins around twice, hits front and rear of car on guard rail. Surreal, slo-mo, all that. Distracting.

I would have stopped (and instinct suggested I should), but not did the volume of traffic prohibit me from going back, but having the child in the car made that more risky than comfortable.

2) In #1 lane (fast lane/carpool lane/HOV lane) in slow and go traffic and notice woman on far shoulder of the other side of freeway. Smoking car. She's pouring oil into engine. She's wearing a white work pantsuit.... Ever pour oil onto a hot engine block? Pouf! Engine fire. Distracting. The last time I saw that move was in '86 in Kwiatkowski's Audi 5k.

3) Off ramp from 270 spur to Wisconsin. Quickly slowing traffic...wait...why is my antilock system engaged? Oh, oil. Oh, there's a huge Cadillac is sliding toward me from behind. Dang. We work it out. But...distracting.