11.28.2005

Corey from MIES

A note from the staff at the Middlespace Institute of Enlightenment Studies (MIES):


Yeah, uh, it’s me. Corey (the intern).

We had a sighting. Something about “Blueberry Boat” being “the best record ever.” We’ve heard that before, but not to this degree in a while. What’s funny is he hasn’t even mentioned Eleanor. She’s Fiery Furnaces’ lead singer and co-collaborator. He’s was all going off about “time to make the masterpiece” and “who would work on this with me?” and such. We all just kept our head down and stared at our monitors. Else, we’d be playing the cowbell on some obscure track.

I came prepared. I dug this out of my rhyme book (lyrics really), just in case I had to do this again (and yesterday’s sucked so bad):

Here goes:

Wheelin’ and dealin’
Got G’s on the ceilin’

Savage in love
Like heaven above

Stealin’ office supplies
While Ty closes his eyes

I’m an intern with broadband
And you don’t got to understand

[this is the part where the beatbox break comes in]

Nevermind…. OK. Maybe I shouldn’t do this anymore.

- I’m Corey! Out!

(shout outs to my #1 crew and the lacrosse team!)