11.29.2005

Checkin' In with Corey


A note from the staff at the Middlespace Institute of Enlightenment Studies (MIES):

Corey here, yo! Thanks to everyone for your supportive mails (and, uh, hate mail isn’t cool).

Today when I got in I found my computer on and stuff on my monitor. I guess Ty came in overnight (and my keyboard was surprisingly oily, but I fixed that with paper towels and a lot of Purell – I replaced the mouse – how come he doesn’t use his own shit?)

I’m done, but here’s what I found on my monitor:
“I had a dream. A wildly fucking mad dream, Corey! Here’s what I remember: I was at the Chinese seamstress’ house and the band was in the kitchen. We were getting rehearsal jerseys made. We were all there, me, Stu, Brucker, and the marvelous Furious Floyd. Maybe you were there too.

I remember thinking how COOL Furious was and I remember asking him about his name. He looked like Marcus and Dix fell into a huge blender, but with a beard and a terribly COOL hat. He wore an overcoat and sunglasses. Short dude. We were passin’ the J around at the time even though we probably thought the seamstress and her husband (the tailor) wouldn’t like that.

The name, aww, I’ll let Furious tell it (text from the dream): “Dude, I take a big ass hit from this motherfuckin’ joint…take a step back, blow this shit out and…DAMN! I’m FURIOUS FLOYD!!” We all slapped backs and hands at that point. Made much more sense in the dream.

So the Chinese seamstress and husband come back into the kitchen and there’s all this sweet, sweet, smoke and I decide to head into the garage/sewing shop and look at all the commercial grade sewing and stitching machines. Mostly to avoid the guilt over smoking in their kitchen. I looked back and Floyd was making the seamstress and the tailor laugh hysterically. I felt much better. The machines were cool.”

That’s it! I saved it all to a file (he hadn't saved it at all). Whatever.

I’m Corey! Out to the Nth from the fre-zeke zone!!



[Legend of Furious Floyd tag]