8.08.2005

I Am The Walrus

So, the Middlespace has been closed for a week. Being really sick on one’s ass doesn’t help get albums produced. Not a complaint, just reality. I want to work, but since I can’t hear or sit or think…makes it hard. But, never a waste. More equipment en route. More ideas to ponder. Space to breathe.

But, now that I believe I’m on the downhill side of the illin’, I did have a chance to listen to some tunes last night – I listened to world class, mainstream, popular, professional singles:

Gary Numan – Cars
Devo – Jocko Homo
Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced?
Stevie Wonder – I Was Made to Love Her
The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
ELO – Don’t Bring Me Down
Kool and The Gang – Hollywood Swinging
Curtis Mayfield – Theme from Superfly
Elton John – Bennie and the Jets
Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
Etc.

But the most significant rediscovery I processed was, “I Am the Walrus” by the Beatles.

What the hell was that?! I know this was amid the Paul-is-Dead hype, but what the fuck? Genius on so many levels. Accidents, goofs, etc.

“Let the fuckers work that one out…” – J. Lennon