3.16.2005

Whabadoo: Hey Babadoo, you wanna somke some of this?

Babadoo: OK.

[ten minutes later]

Whabadoo: Hey Babadoo.

Babadoo: What is it Whabadoo?

Whabadoo: I'm reading some quotes from Henry Miller you might like.

Babadoo: Oh, shit, he that pervert who write nastiness. Let's hear it Whabadoo.

Whabadoo: Yeah, but these aren't like that Babadoo, so calm yourself.

Babadoo: Then don't bother me; I'm looking at my fingers. Have you looked at your fingers recently Whabadoo?

Whabadoo: You're fucked up Babadoo. Listen to this one: “It's silly to go on pretending that under the skin we are all brothers. The truth is more likely that under the skin we are all cannibals, assassins, traitors, liars, hypocrites, poltroons.”

Babadoo: I tell you one thing I ain't, and that's a poltroon. Whabadoo, what the fuck is a poltroon? Is he from Mexico?

Whabadoo: I think it means coward, Babadoo.

Babadoo: Oh. He right. Hey, Whabadoo, are you an assassin?

Whabadoo: Babadoo, that was the worst Brando impersonation I've ever heard.

Babadoo: Brando? I was doing Nixon. Shit, look at these fingers!

Whabadoo: You got some hairy fingers, that are for sure.

Babadoo: Here's another: “Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”

Babadoo: Now you're talking. Wait, I'm lost...

Whabadoo: And: “not till we have lost the world, do we begin to find ourselves.”

Babadoo: Nope, still lost. What do you think they'd look like shaved Whabadoo?

Whabadoo: Don't shave your fingers Babadoo. What about this one: “Our own physical body possesses a wisdom which we who inhabit the body lack. “

Babadoo: No, I think I'm going to shave them. Give me something sharp. I want smooth fingers, and I want them now.

Whabadoo: Fuck, you need to see some sunlight

Babadoo. He also says: “If shit is ever worth anything, the poor will be born without assholes.”

Babadoo: You know Steve, down at the corner store? He told me he has two. Two assholes. Shit.

Whabadoo. Babadoo, stay clear of Steve. You know he ain't right.

Babadoo: Why you got to be racist. Just because the guy's got two assholes...

Whabadoo: Racist? Babadoo, put down that goddamn knife. Listen: “We have two American flags always: one for the rich and one for the poor. When the rich fly it means that things are under control; when the poor fly it means danger, revolution, anarchy.”

Babadoo: It doesn't work. How can you shave with a knife? I'll be right back. Hey, Whabadoo, check out the cat.

Whabadoo: That cat's nuts. Why is he looking at us like that?

Babadoo: You feed him yet? I bet he hungry. He look hungry.

Whabadoo: Hey, here's another good one: “Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything.”

Babadoo: I wish I had $5 of what he's on. Whabadoo?

Whabadoo: What is it Babadoo?

Babadoo: That cat, he still staring. Make him stop.

Whabadoo: Just ignore him Babadoo. He just fucking with you because he knows he can.

Babadoo: Damn.

Whabadoo: Damn.

Babadoo: Shit

Whabadoo: Just ignore him, I told you.

Babadoo: Damn

Whabadoo: OK, here's an appropriate one Babadoo: “We do not talk - we bludgeon one another with facts and theories gleaned from cursory readings of newspapers, magazines and digests.”

Babadoo: Yeah, I get it, hit me again, I can take it.

Whabadoo: “Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously. The waking mind is the least serviceable in the arts.”

“The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely AWARE.”

Babadoo: OK, OK, enough. Let me see your fingers. I want to try something...

Whabadoo: Babadoo, you're fucked up. One last one to think about: “Whenever a taboo is broken, something good happens, something vitalizing. Taboos after all are only hangovers, the product of diseased minds, you might say, of fearsome people who hadn't the courage to live and who under the guise of morality and religion have imposed these things upon us.”

Babadoo: Yeah. Taboos. Come here and give me a big sloppy kiss Whabadoo.

Whabadoo: Shit, Babadoo. What would the cat think? “When shit becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes.”