7.07.2004

A Dissection Begins:
Detailed analysis of Rich Walkling’s The Floods of Lexington Pacheco


No more southern precedents
Headphone insanity
Shit, goddamn motherfuckin’ yeah!
Lay your hammer down upon me

[Perhaps the best six minutes I’ve ever experienced]

Forget this shit
Time to turn on the Visualizer, man
So goddamn luxurious
Vowed to serve people in poverty, sickness, and ignorance

After the wars we will all wear headphones
Cannot concentrate on anything anymore
All focus is on floods
Floods and more floods

A patience that exceed all lessons
And I still have no idea what any of it means
Yet so painfully jealous and happy
A resounding joy – I hear you

Canons and angels and Asian chicks
In one song
So intentional
Such a wonderful noise

Reduced to tears
Like an insane toddler
in a Chinese prison
Beaten like a goddamn egg

You broke my shovel
Don’t push me there
You know how hyper-competitive I get
I will too hunker down

[Perhaps the best nine minutes I’ve ever experienced]

Thank you - bless you